This notice was updated on April 29, 2016 and it describes how health information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. The United States government created rules for the use and protection of medical information by hospitals, clinics, laboratories and other health care entities. The rules are a result of the 1996 Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and subsequent rules and laws that affect HIPAA. These rules are meant to provide all patients in the United States with standard privacy and security safeguards of medical information. One rule requires us to provide all patients with a Notice of Privacy Practices. This Notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully. In this Notice, we refer to your medical information as “Protected Health Information”.
The content of the website is intended to be a general information resource in regard to the subject matter covered, and is provided solely on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis as noted on this page. Epic Sciences is not engaged in rendering medical or other professional services or advice via this website, and the information provided is not intended to replace medical advice offered by a physician. If you desire or need such services or advice, you should consult a professional health care provider. You should not construe Epic Sciences' publication of this content as an endorsement by Epic Sciences of the views expressed herein, or any warranty or guarantee of any strategy, recommendation, treatment, action, or application of medication or preparation made by the author of the content.
1. Scope of Use: Epic Sciences will allow you to view, use and download a single copy of this website for your informational, non-commercial use. Except as otherwise provided herein, no part of any content or software on this website may be copied, downloaded or stored in a retrieval system for any other purpose, nor may it be redistributed for any purpose, without the express written permission of Epic Sciences. You understand that Epic Sciences may discontinue, change, or restrict your use of this website for any reason without notice.
2. No Warranties: ALL CONTENT ON THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN "AS IS" "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. EPIC SCIENCES MAKES NO WARRANTY AS TO THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENCY, OR RELIABILITY OF ANY CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR VERIFYING ANY INFORMATION BEFORE RELYING ON IT. USE OF THE WEBSITE AND THE CONTENT AVAILABLE ON THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. EPIC SCIENCES MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES THAT USE OF THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR TAKING ALL NECESSARY PRECAUTIONS TO ENSURE THAT ANY CONTENT YOU MAY OBTAIN FROM THE WEBSITE IS FREE OF VIRUSES.
THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY IN JURISDICTIONS THAT DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES.
3. Limitation of Liability. YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. EPIC SCIENCES SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE WEBSITE, EVEN IF EPIC SCIENCES HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO RELIANCE BY ANY PARTY ON ANY CONTENT OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE WEBSITE, OR THAT ARISES IN CONNECTION WITH MISTAKES OR OMISSIONS IN, OR DELAYS IN TRANSMISSION OF, INFORMATION TO OR FROM THE USER, INTERRUPTIONS IN TELECOMMUNICATIONS CONNECTIONS TO THE WEBSITE OR VIRUSES, WHETHER CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY NEGLIGENCE, ACTS OF NATURE, TELECOMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF, OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE, OR RELATED INFORMATION OR PROGRAMS.
4. Trademarks. Unauthorized use of Epic Sciences trademark or logo may be a violation of federal and state trademark laws. Epic Sciences and company logo image and No Cell Left Behind are trademarks of Epic Sciences. All other trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners.
5. Copyright and Digital Millennium Copyright Act. This website is protected by U.S. and foreign copyright laws. Except for your informational, personal, non-commercial use as authorized above, you may not modify, reproduce or distribute the design or layout of the website, or individual sections of the design or layout of the website or any of the content within the website without Epic Sciences' written permission. Nothing in this Agreement grants to you a license in or under any of Epic Sciences’ intellectual property rights, and you agree not to sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit or create derivative works from any website content. Use of the website content for any purpose not expressly permitted herein is strictly prohibited.
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the "DMCA") provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials appearing on this website infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked. For your complaint to be valid under the DMCA, you must provide the following information in writing:
The above information must be submitted to the following DMCA Agent:
Privacy & Security Officer
9381 Judicial Drive, Suite 200
San Diego, CA 92121
UNDER FEDERAL LAW, IF YOU KNOWINGLY MISREPRESENT THAT ONLINE MATERIAL IS INFRINGING, YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION FOR PERJURY AND CIVIL PENALTIES, INCLUDING MONETARY DAMAGES, COURT COSTS, AND ATTORNEYS’ FEES.
Please note that this procedure is exclusively for notifying Epic Sciences and its affiliates that your copyrighted material has been infringed. The preceding requirements are intended to comply with Epic Sciences’ rights and obligations under the DMCA, including 17 U.S.C. §512(c), but do not constitute legal advice. It may be advisable to contact an attorney regarding your rights and obligations under the DMCA and other applicable laws.
6. Links. This website may contain links to websites operated by other parties. The linked sites are not under the control of Epic Sciences, and Epic Sciences is not responsible for the content available on any other Internet sites linked to the website. Such links do not imply Epic Sciences' endorsement of material on any other site and Epic Sciences disclaims all liability with regard to your access to such linked websites. Epic Sciences provides links to other Internet sites as a convenience to users, and access to any other Internet sites linked to this website is at your own risk. Unless otherwise set forth in a written agreement between you and Epic Sciences, you must adhere to Epic Sciences' linking policy as follows: (i) any link to the website must be a text only link clearly marked "Epic Sciences Website"; (ii) the appearance, position and other aspects of the link may not be such as to damage or dilute the goodwill associated with Epic Sciences' names and trademarks; (iii) the link must "point" to www.Epic Sciences.com and not to other pages within the website; (iv) the appearance, position and other attributes of the link may not create the false appearance that your organization or entity is sponsored by, affiliated with, or associated with Epic Sciences; (v) when selected by a user, the link must display the website on full-screen and not within a "frame" on the linking website; and (vi) Epic Sciences reserves the right to revoke its consent to the link at any time and in its sole discretion.
7. User Submissions. Certain areas of this website enable you to access online forums and to submit e-mails, or otherwise provide feedback to Epic Sciences. Epic Sciences does not endorse, and specifically disclaims any responsibility or liability for any content in the forums. In addition, Epic Sciences reserves the right to delete, move or edit content, in whole or in part, submitted to the forums that it, in its sole discretion, deems abusive, defamatory, obscene, in violation of intellectual property, privacy, or other proprietary rights, in violation of these Terms and Conditions, or for any other reason
You agree that by submitting content, you:
8. Security. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any registration number or username and password, and you are responsible for all uses of your registration number or username and password, and any and all related charges, whether or not authorized by you.
9. Location & Governing Law. This website is operated by Epic Sciences from its offices in the State of California, USA. The law of the State of California shall govern these Terms and Conditions, without reference to its choice of law rules. Epic Sciences makes no representation that the information in the website is appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to the Epic Sciences website from territories where the content of the Epic Sciences website may be illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access the website from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
10. Violations and Additional Policies. Epic Sciences reserves the right to seek all remedies available at law and in equity for violations of the Terms and Conditions set forth in this website, including the right to block access from a particular Internet address to the website.
11. Safe Harbor. Except for the historical information set forth in this website and within its content, information and statements set forth in this website and within its content, including, but not limited to, information and statements regarding any anticipated or expected results, benefits, impact, or effect, from or based on the use of Epic Sciences’ products, applications, services, and laboratory-developed test services, forthcoming or planned products, applications, services, and laboratory-developed test services, and any statements relating to Epic Sciences’ goals, plans, missions, opportunities, expectations, beliefs, and the like, are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the “safe harbor” provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results to differ materially, including the risks and uncertainties associated with market demand for and acceptance and use of Epic Sciences’ technology, products, applications, services, and laboratory-developed test services, reliance upon the collaborative efforts of other parties such as, without limitation, health care providers, international distributors and licensees, Epic Sciences or third parties obtaining or maintaining regulatory approvals that impact Epic Sciences’ business, government regulation particularly with respect to diagnostic products and laboratory-developed tests, publication processes, the performance of designed product enhancements, Epic Sciences’ ability to develop and commercialize technologies and products, particularly new technologies and laboratory-developed tests Epic Sciences’ financial position, competition, intellectual property protection and intellectual property rights of others, litigation involving Epic Sciences, and other risks These forward-looking statements are based on information that may change and you are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are qualified in their entirety by this cautionary statement, and Epic Sciences undertakes no obligation to revise or update any forward-looking statement to reflect current circumstances.
12. Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Epic Sciences and its subsidiaries, agents, licensors, managers, and other affiliated companies, and their employees, contractors, agents, officers and directors, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from: (i) your use of and access to the website;, including any data or content transmitted or received by you; (ii) your violation of any term of this Agreement, including without limitation your breach of any of the representations and warranties above; (iii) your violation of any third-party right, including without limitation any right of privacy, right provided by any labor or employment law, rule, or regulation, or intellectual property right; (iv) your violation of any applicable law, rule or regulation; (v) any information, materials, content or account information that is submitted via your account including without limitation misleading, false, or inaccurate information; (vi) your gross negligence or willful misconduct; or (vii) any other party’s access and use of the website (or access and use of any third-party service via the website) with your unique username, password or other appropriate security code (or, with respect to third-party services, your account information).
13. Arbitration. READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY BECAUSE IT REQUIRES THE PARTIES TO ARBITRATE THEIR DISPUTES AND LIMITS THE MANNER IN WHICH YOU CAN SEEK RELIEF FROM THE COMPANY.
For any dispute with us, you agree to first contact us at email@example.com and attempt to resolve the dispute with us informally. In the unlikely event that we have not been able to resolve a dispute it has with you after sixty (60) days, we each agree to resolve any claim, dispute, or controversy (excluding any claims for injunctive or other equitable relief as provided below) arising out of or in connection with or relating to the use or access to the website, or the breach or alleged breach thereof (collectively, “Claims”), by binding arbitration by JAMS, under the Optional Expedited Arbitration Procedures then in effect for JAMS, except as provided herein. JAMS may be contacted at www.jamsadr.com. The arbitration will be conducted in San Diego County, California, unless you and Epic Sciences agree otherwise. If you are using the website for commercial purposes, each party will be responsible for paying any JAMS filing, administrative and arbitrator fees in accordance with JAMS rules, and the award rendered by the arbitrator shall include costs of arbitration, reasonable attorneys’ fees and reasonable costs for expert and other witnesses. If you are an individual using the website for non-commercial purposes: (i) JAMS may require you to pay a fee for the initiation of your case, unless you apply for and successfully obtain a fee waiver from JAMS; (ii) the award rendered by the arbitrator may include your costs of arbitration, your reasonable attorney’s fees, and your reasonable costs for expert and other witnesses; and (iii) you may sue in a small claims court of competent jurisdiction without first engaging in arbitration, but this does not absolve you of your commitment to engage in the informal dispute resolution process. Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. Nothing in this section shall be deemed as preventing us from seeking injunctive or other equitable relief from the courts as necessary to prevent the actual or threatened infringement, misappropriation, or violation of our data security, intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights.
14. Class Action/Jury Trial Waiver. WITH RESPECT TO ALL PERSONS AND ENTITIES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THEY HAVE OBTAINED OR USED THE WEBSITE FOR PERSONAL, COMMERCIAL OR OTHER PURPOSES, ALL CLAIMS MUST BE BROUGHT IN THE PARTIES’ INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS ACTION, COLLECTIVE ACTION, PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL ACTION OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THIS WAIVER APPLIES TO CLASS ARBITRATION, AND, UNLESS WE AGREE OTHERWISE, THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S CLAIMS. YOU AGREE THAT, BY ACCEPTING THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU AND EPIC SCIENCES ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION, COLLECTIVE ACTION, PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL ACTION, OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING OF ANY KIND.
15. General Assignment. Any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by us without restriction. Any attempted transfer or assignment in violation hereof shall be null and void.
16. Notification Procedures and Changes to these Terms and Conditions. We may provide notifications, whether such notifications are required by law or are for marketing or other business related purposes, to you via email notice, written or hard copy notice, or through posting of such notice on the website, as determined by us in our sole discretion. We reserve the right to determine the form and means of providing notifications to our users, provided that you may opt out of certain means of notification as described in these Terms and Conditions. Epic Sciences is not responsible for any automatic filtering you or your network provider may apply to email notifications we send to the email address you provide us. We may, in our sole discretion, modify or update these Terms and Conditions from time to time, and so you should review this page periodically. When we change the Terms and Conditions in a material manner, we will update the version number and date at the top of this page. Your continued use of the website after any such change constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to any of these terms or any future Terms and Conditions, do not use or access (or continue to access) the website.
17. Entire Agreement/Severability. These Terms and Conditions, together with any amendments and any additional agreements you may enter into with Epic Sciences in connection with the website, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and us concerning the website. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect, except that in the event of unenforceability of the universal Class Action/Jury Trial Waiver, the entire arbitration agreement shall be unenforceable
18. No Waiver. No waiver of any term of these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and our failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
We collect various types of information from you, including information you voluntarily provide us and information we get from your use of our website or products and services. For instance, in order to access certain portions of this website, you may be required to first register with us. You may be asked to provide your contact information such as your name, address, telephone number, email or username.
Personally identifiable information we collect may include:
Non-personally identifiable information we collect may include:
We may use the information collected:
As a general rule, we do not provide, sell, rent, or lease your information to any third parties for their marketing purposes without your express consent.
We may disclose your information when required to do so by a subpoena, court order, or search warrant. We also reserve the right to report to law enforcement bodies any activities that we deem to be unlawful in nature.
We use a variety of physical, technical and administrative safeguards to secure your information. However, if you have an online account on this website, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your registration number or username and password, and you are responsible for all uses of your registration number or username and password.
This website targets a general population. This website and products and services are not directed towards minors and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from minors under the age of 18 or knowingly allow them to create accounts on this website.
If you are no longer interested in receiving marketing or other correspondence emails from us, you may unsubscribe from the service by clicking on the link provided in the email.
For external users of our social media channels
On all of our Epic Sciences Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube or Google+ pages, we share information about our company and products. We welcome your comments and inquiries and provide the following information as a guide to how we may respond:
If you use offensive language, your post will be removed. Also, any posts that include personal attacks of any kind or offensive terms that target specific ethnic, racial, religious, age or gender orientation groups will be removed.
While you may want to post advice on medical issues online, we request that you do not do so on the any of our social media pages or channels. Posts containing medical advice may be removed. We recommend consulting with your physician on any medical condition.
Contact Epic Sciences:
Epic Sciences, Inc. reserves the right to delete any posting that we think is not appropriate or helpful. If you feel we’ve been unfair in removing your comment, please contact us directly.